Who’s OnlineThere are no users currently online
- Physical activity Patient Safety E-health Equity and empowerment Malaria Communicable chronic diseases Diabetes Health information and technologies Migration Cancer Youth HIV/AIDS mHealth Nursing Primary health care Capacity building Gender Community participation self-management Vulnerable groups Global health education Prevention and infection control Drugs and diagnostics Tuberculosis Healthcare delivery Foreign policy Hypertension Environmental and non health sector policies Information and communication technology Mental health Research and education Social determinants Redesigning health services Patients Refugees Lifestyle Civil society New roles and responsibilities of health personnel Emergencies Occupational medicine Healthcare financing Non-communicable chronic diseases Tobacco Surgery GIS Urban health Vaccines Bioethics Respiratory chronic diseases Public-private partnerships Hepatitis Healthcare Physiotherapy Obesity Tropical neglected diseases Family Medicine Elderly Cardiovascular diseases Sickle cell disease social accountability
Abstract and Sessions by Thematic Tracks (work in progress)
- GHF2006 – PS03 – Most Neglected Diseases on Alternative Approaches to New Drug Development: Two R&D Initiatives
- GHF2006 – PS11 – Public-Private Partnerships: Beneficial or Undermining? on From Basic Research to Drug Delivery: When are PPPS Needed?
- Mako on Children’s Health in Ecologically Polluted Regions: Georgia
- DR: Sohair Abdulla on Adherence to the Diabetics and Hypertensive Treatment Guidelines for Health Workers in Health Facilities: Ibadan, Nigeria
- Hein39 on Affordable Diabetes Care: Cambodia
Posted on 05/09/2012 | No CommentsSession Outline Parallel session PS18, Tuesday, April 20 2010, 11:00-12:30, Room 2 Chair(s): Pierre Hoffmeyer, Head, Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland Charles Mock, Medical Officer, Department of Violence and Injury […]
Obesity and Under-Nutrition among Western Sahara Refugees: The Emerging Threat of Double Burden of Malnutrition in EmergenciesPosted on 17/01/2012 | No CommentsWe assessed under-nutrition and overweight prevalence in Western Sahara women (15-49 years) and children (6-59 months) living in refugee camps for over 35 years. Both were found highly prevalent the former among children, the latter among women.
The Impact of an Invasive and Interventional Cardiology Program in Eastern Nepal: A Preliminary EvaluationPosted on 13/12/2011 | No CommentsWe compared the in-hospital outcome of patients admitted for an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) to a tertiary referral hospital in Eastern Nepal, before (2008) and after (2011) the availability of an invasive cardiology program. In 2008, 153 patients were admitted with ACS.
Posted on 11/12/2011 | No CommentsIn the aftermath of the 2011 United Nations High Level Meeting on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), there is now an unprecedented opportunity for a renewed call to action on the management of NCDs during and following emergencies (including natural disasters, conflict and non-conflict related emergencies).